Building a DIY solar panel will not only benefit you it will benefit the environment. Here are some simple steps to building DIY solar power systems:
- First you will need to decide the amount of electricity you want to produce. 12v and 16v panels are the most popular forms of solar. You can find a 16v panel at a local hardware store or marina for less than 100 dollars.
- Next you will need to decide on a battery. A small rechargeable battery is enough for a small solar system. In most cases a 12 volt battery system will do the trick. Make sure that it is a deep cell battery that can be used continuously.
- Battery box - This will protect the battery and electricity and keep it from harming others.
- DC Meter - This is used to match the DC input with your battery. This is necessary for you to convert solar energy to usable electricity that can be used for appliances. If you are looking to power AC appliances, you will need a power inverter.
- Using a handheld drill, attach your meter and DC input to the top end of the battery box. Use insulated wire to connect the meter to the battery. Make sure that you connect the negative wire to the battery first.
- Now you are ready to convert sunlight into usable solar power. Close the lid tight on the enclosure and place the system in an unobstructed place. Wait 8 hours and bask in the glory of home made electricity.
Useful information home solar power systems:
Learn how to DIY solar panels:
Learn how to DIY solar power systems: