Making a portable solar panel torchlight is an easy task plus it can be an interesting experience for you as well. Here's the question, what use is there for something that produces light that is powered by light? Until you realize that we can use batteries to store the energy, this is a crucial leap in understanding.
Things you need:
• 4 x 1.5 V Solar Cells
• 1 x AA 600 mAh NiCad battery
• 1N5817 Zener diode
• Carbon film resistor - 220 k ¼ W, 100 k ¼ W, 91 k ¼ W, 10 k ¼, 560 R ¼, 560 R ¼ and 2 x 3.3 R ¼ W
• NPN transistor - C9013, C9014 and C9015
• 300 pF ceramic capacitor
• 100 nF ceramic capacitor
• 1 nF ceramic capacitor
• 82 µH inductor
• CdS photocell 47 k @ 10 lux
• 2 x LEDs
A portable solar panel light torch is an extremely useful device to make and then leave on a sunny window sill. In the event of a power cut (don't assume that it won't happen, accidents do happen sometimes), you know that you can go to your trusty solar touch to provide you a light of hope in the darkness.
One of the things you need to think about if you are going to house your project in a round torch case, is that you will need to ensure that:
• The torch is weighted so that it rolls in such a way that the solar cell points upwards.
• There is a flat machined into the case, which ensures that the solar cell points upwards when the flat in the case rests on a level surface.
If you are interested to learn more on how to build a solar panel, check out our website at:
Learn how to build a solar panel:
Learn How to Make a Portable Solar Panel Light Torch:
How-To-Build-Solar-Panels.blogspot.com provides you with informative tips on how to build solar panels and solar water heaters. With us, you will know the various uses and benefits of these amazing systems. Now, you can save over 80% of your electrical bills and protect our environment today!